An increasing number of homeowners are adding “smart” devices to their homes. These connected devices and appliances perform tasks or automated routines to save energy, 金钱或时间或提高安全性. 事实上, consumers are expected to spend $62 billion worldwide on smart home-related devices in 2021. Smart switches can be an important part of home automation. Read on to learn how smart switches work and why you may want to consider incorporating them into your home.
A smart switch is different from a traditional light switch in that it can control just about anything it is connected with, 包括电路的电器, 球迷, 当然还有灯光. 也, 不像传统的电灯开关, 智能开关可以远程控制, 通过智能手机应用程序, or via a remote control by connecting to the home’s WiFi network. Smart switches are available in different shapes and sizes. Some smart switches also function as a traditional light switch, while others can only be controlled by a smart app or device. Personal preferences of how to utilize smart switches vary from one person to the next. 有些人更喜欢语音命令, 比如“打开厨房的灯”, while others prefer to use an app on their smartphone or tablet. 因为这个原因, at 365体育直播下载 we make recommendations and install smart switches, but leave the actual programming to our clients. Here are some features offered by many smart switches:
- 支持语音控制 through a device such as the Google 365体育投注下载, Amazon Echo, or other home speaker.
- 可编程时间. 例如, lights may be set to turn off at bedtime each evening or a coffee maker may be set to turn on at a certain time each morning.
- 气氛照明 基于活动(e.g. watching a movie, reading a book or working).
- 远程监视和控制. 例如, checking on activity in the home and adjusting temperature while away or unlocking a door remotely for a delivery or service.
- Integration with other smart home devices, such as a smart home hub, the command center of all smart home devices.
Smart switches vary in price, depending on the model. While smart switches are more expensive than traditional light switches, 它们有几个好处:
- 方便. Smart switches can be controlled at any time and from anywhere, 只要有WiFi连接. 例如, if a homeowner is out for the day or is traveling, lights or appliances can be turned off to save on energy. 类似的, lights can be turned on remotely at night for added security. Smart switches can even be programmed to turn on when someone enters a room and turn off when they leave.
- 氛围. A smart switch can be set to adjust based on activity. 例如, the switch may be programmed to gradually increase the brightness of lights during the morning make-up time and gradually dim them at bedtime.
- 无需多设备集成. 作为智能家庭自动化的一部分, most smart switches can integrate several devices for a more convenient living experience. 例如, a smart switch could be programmed as a custom alarm – turning on lighting in the morning along with favorite music. 类似的, a smart switch may be programmed to turn on lighting as well as air conditioning prior to homeowners arriving home on a summer evening.
- 增加安全. Some smart switches can be connected to home alarm and security systems for greater security when homeowners are away. 许多 视频门铃 can be linked to a smart light switch and even a video cam and motion sensors for added security.
- 节约成本. Using smart switches to efficiently regulate lighting, 加热, and cooling and appliance usage can result in significant savings in energy costs each month.
Smart bulbs install just like a traditional light bulb, but can be controlled remotely and can also change color. A smart bulb does not require the installation of a switch, so it can be a good option for homes with older wiring or for temporary solutions like in a dorm. It is important to understand that a smart bulb will render the old wall switch useless and can actually turn it into an inconvenience. If the old wall switch is used to turn off a smart bulb, the bulb will switch off and the power for the bulb’s wireless communication will switch off as well. This means that the voice command will not work to turn the smart bulb on until the old wall switch is manually flipped back to the on position. Some smart switches (but not all models) can be used with smart bulbs. A qualified electrician can make recommendations for smart home technology that will best suit your needs and help you evaluate the options.